Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Reflection 2

This last week as I finished reading the Wong book, there were a few things that I liked.
I learned that success is converting people to your way of feeling, not knowing. It’s hard to convince people to believe in what you know to be true, but if people can feel what you’re feeling; they’ll believe you. We talked in class today about how education is developing productive members of society. I thought about how there are so many different occupations, some people want to be leaders, others want to be inventors, and some want to be teachers. Everything is really important because it covers one aspect of our society. But by being a teacher, you get to work one-on-one with those future leaders and inventors. You could be the person that instigates who they want to be. I’ve thought of all the teachers I’ve had in the past that made me want to know more about technology. I especially remember Mr. Hansen. He was just awesome! He always made different tools available and gave us a challenge. We then had to learn to use the technology to do what we wanted to do. The tools didn’t dictate what we could and couldn’t do. He helped us think about everyday things and how we could improve him. He is one of the reasons why I was so interested in technology and how things work. I hope that, I too, can be like that at some point in my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment