Thursday, September 2, 2010

"Thinking, Making, Learning"

I found this quote a while back,

 "thinking, making, learning."

This really sums me up. I'm always thinking. What do I think of? I think of how things are made, how things work, why people do things in certain ways. Over this past summer, I realized that my thinking is not helpful in any way unless I share it. There isn't a point to having an abundance of knowledge if I just keep it to myself. I feel that that is the most selfish thing I could do. The more I thought about my new major, the more I realized that teaching is sharing that knowledge. Helping others see the way you think, while at the same time you, yourself seeing the way that they think. When you do this, you come up with new ideas, new solutions, new perspective on things in general. This leads me to the second part of the quote; making. One of the definitions of making is to bring about; to compel to do something. When you actually do what you're thinking, that's the moment where you learn.

Essentially, by teaching, I hope to teach to learn how to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment