Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Reflection 6

The more I learn about teaching, the more I think about it. At school, at work, and at church I've begun to identify the techniques that teachers use, or the lack of. I think of ways that I would improve their teaching. It has helped me realize that I can be a teacher someday. And not just someday, soon. The other day in my TEE 340 class, we were reviewing for the exam and applied physics is one of my fortes so instead of leaving early like some, I decided to help others. To make a long story short, I ended up on the white board. I was teaching a few of my peers, and they were asking me questions and everything. It was a neat experience. Some of them were able to understand quickly, while others would struggle. Those who understood left. With the ones that were struggling, I had to sit one-on-one to teach them. It made me think of how in the real world, the same will occur. The only difference is that kids won't be able to just get up and leave. You will need to be able to teach them all. Then I realized the importance of teaching to all learning styles. It's something that all teachers should try to master. Not that you'll be able to satisfy all children everyday, but at least be able to implement different techniques so that most will understand. So I decided, it's something that I want to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment