Saturday, October 23, 2010

Reflection 7

This week we went to our last school observation. I reflected on my experiences in the last month in the different schools I was able to visit. I did learn a lot from them, but at the same time I feel like I didn't. Most teachers didn't have a whole lot of teaching time. It made me wonder if the students are mostly doing busy work instead of really learning. At the end of class I heard some students complaining about the work that they had to do. I was thinking of how I would go about with a class I had to teach. I don't really like the fact that kids are required to take specific classes. I do understand that it broadens their areas of knowledge, and they get to learn different things, but I feel that there should be more flexibility in doing so. I don't really know how Utah schools work, but I think I would like to teach in a different state. There are so many things that I'm realizing now. The way schools are run is so different everywhere. You think, it would be consistent throughout every state.

No comments:

Post a Comment